- 1). Measure your bathroom with a yardstick or tape measure, and draw a scale-size rectangle on a piece of paper. Indicate where the door and any windows are. Measure all the present fixtures in your bathroom, and write down the dimensions for reference. Make the vanity the focal point of your room, and try to position all other elements of the bathroom with that in mind.
- 2). Look at various choices for fixtures. Go to a home-improvement store to look at vanities, bathtubs, toilets and other fixtures. Look through home design books to get additional ideas. Base your selections not only on style, but also on budget and space restrictions.
- 3). Remove the old tub and shower after turning off your water valves. Disconnect drain lines and remove the old fixtures, trying to keep walls and flooring as intact as possible. If you are moving your plumbing or doing other major work, you may have to gut the bathroom, taking it down to the studs.
- 4). Put in new electrical lines and plumbing if you have taken the bathroom down to the studs and moved the lines. Install drywall and insulation. This is the time to put in any recessed lighting.
- 5). Build or install the tile shower unit. Create a stand-alone tile shower with glass doors. Install a new tub unit with built-in jets, if your budget allows. Put in the vanity and toilet.
- 6). Complete the job by installing your new floor, tiling and painting and adding light fixtures, towel bars and other finishing touches.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Top 4 Beaches Of Kerala
- Ten Places to Shop For Arts And Crafts In Snowdonia
- Monte Albán Mexico: An Ancient, Cultural, Natural Destination And Discover the Most Energetic and In
- Jim Corbett National Park Tour And Resorts To Experience Exotic Wild Life
- Spring Walking Week in Jersey - The Perfect Time to Explore
- Holidays to Dubai
- Things to do in Nanded
- Tips When Traveling With Children by Bus
- Spring Break in Mexico
- All You Want to Know About Hyderabad
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us