- 1). Choose a bed that has a sense of lightness to it. It could be painted white or off-white, or its headboard could be upholstered in a floral background. Cast-iron beds and wicker - painted in white or pastels - as well as graceful brass beds also work well with garden style.
- 2). Dress the bed lightly, too, in fabrics such as gingham checks, lace, eyelet, old-fashioned cotton chenille, a pastel-dominated pieced quilt or a dainty floral. Use flounced pillow shams and toss pillows if you wish; a dust ruffle is compatible, too.
- 3). Select bedside tables that continue the theme - glass-topped tables (you could choose one made for outdoor use); round, skirted tables in a fabric that coordinates with your bedspread, curtains and toss pillows; painted wood tables that may appear weathered or have a trompe l'oeil effect.
- 4). Use unlined curtains that keep the light and airy look - tab-top styles (hung on a tree-branch rod), eyelet or sheer Priscillas (ruffled curtains), floral-print caf¨¦ types, or checked panels held back with flower garlands or small grapevine wreaths.
- 5). Go with lamps that are very plain (wrought iron or a one-color ceramic ginger jar) or that underscore the garden theme. The latter might be floral-patterned ginger jars, terracotta-base lamps, wicker-base lamps or candlestick lamps with floral-pattern shades.
- 6). Use a chest of drawers and dresser in pale wood or painted wood. A small tablecloth - perhaps a vintage 1940s or 1950s floral print, or maybe Battenburg lace - is a great accessory for the tops of these furnishings.
- 7). Hang pictures with garden or floral themes - meadow, still life and botanical prints, for example. Pressed fern fronds or flowers (pansies, for example) also make great garden style art.
- 8). Accessorize with fresh flowers, dried flowers, silk flowers (including wreaths and potpourri), birdhouses, animal figurines and lace doilies.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- What Should You Do If You Have An Accident At Work?
- Lawsuit Funding and Settlement Loans - Car Wrecks and Neck Injuries
- Proving Liability When a Used Bicycle Malfunction Causes a Bike Accident
- Bit by the Neighbor's Dog and Facing Medical Bills in Georgia
- Post Settlement Lawsuit Funding
- A Sign Fell On Me. What Should I Do?
- The Process of Auto Accident Reconstruction For Legal Cases
- Levels of Skin Burns
- Filing a Personal Injury Accident Claim
- Personal Injury
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us