- 1). Plan your design placement. For a coffee table, try a large center medallion with smaller side designs. Or repeat the same design at intervals across the table. Consider decorating side tables to match.
- 2). Attach the stencil. If you're using a medallion in the center of your coffee table, begin here. This will make it easier for you to judge the placement of any smaller stencils. A small stencil can be held in place, but it is best to attach the stencil with painter's tape at the corners. Make sure the stencil is securely in place before you begin work.
- 3). Pour the gold leaf paint into a shallow bowl. Dip the tip of the stenciling brush into it, then stipple onto a paper towel until the brush is almost dry.
- 4). Apply the gold leaf paint to the stencil. Work quickly with an up-and-down stippling motion, dabbing the brush straight down over and over, making sure to lightly cover all areas of the stencil.
- 5). Allow to dry completely, then remove the stencil. Repeat the design as desired.
- 6). Apply one coat of clear polyurethane to the top of the coffee table to seal the stencil and protect your design.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Gliftex Sample 029
- Website Design - A Technical Approach
- Actual Perform at Residence Work
- Affordable Hotels in Nyc. Budget-Friendly Hawaii Hotels
- SEO Techniques That Renders Superfluous Results
- Uncomplicated Affiliate Internet Marketing
- How to Make a Photo DVD
- Now it is Easy to Attract Customers
- Significance Of Portable Document Format And Word Document
- Network Marketers: When Do You Throw In The Towel?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us